The Student News Site of Cass High School

The Trumpet

• April 24Congratulations to Vy Lam and Alex Pacheco for being Mr. and Ms. Cass High School!

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Unveiling Chinese Culture: A Journey with the Chinese Language Society

Michelle Lin

The Chinese Language Society has traveled all over to experience their culture more in-depth. They have a variety of field trips planned such as Stone Mountain Park, Chinatown, and the celebration of the Lunar New Year. The members of CLS are incredibly excited to be able to celebrate all of these events! These events are educational and culturally enriching, and the club members will learn much from these new experiences. Everyone is ecstatic to see the members of the CLS Club embracing these opportunities. The club President, Michelle Lin, is thrilled to see the amount of people interested in the club. Michelle Lin stated, “I joined CLS to help spread Chinese culture and participate in cultural activities with my peers in school.” There are also a variety of awesome activities people can participate in, “We make Chinese food, create traditional arts and crafts, visit Chinatown, and do community service.” The club is filled with activities but the people involved are also incredibly unique and kind-hearted. She describes the members as “Selfless, compassionate, funny, open-minded, and brilliant.” She enjoys all the effort members put into the club to make it a better place for information sharing. She stated, “It is an honor to lead the wonderful members of CLS because it gives me the opportunity to exchange knowledge with a community.” The club members really give life to the nature of the club.

Recently, they participated in a few incredible events. The Chinese Language Society went to the Knox Asian Festival, where they looked more into Chinese culture and participated in many events. Some of the events included a multicultural parade, dance performances, and sumo wrestling. After this, CLS participated in the Trunk or Treat and dressed as characters from many Studio Ghibli movies. They handed out candy to many people and showed off their well-made costumes.

Overall, the CLS Club is a very inclusive and supportive community, where members come together to share their interests, learn from each other, and celebrate Chinese culture. Vice President, Landon Dyannand, explained why he joined. He said, “I joined the club because I feel that CLS has helped me tap into the culture more.” He also mentioned a Wing Chun class he will be teaching in the future. Wing-Chun is closely related to the martial art of Kung-Fu. The enthusiasm and dedication of the club’s leaders and members is truly astonishing. CLS as a whole are incredible people who try their best to spread joy and culture.