The Student News Site of Cass High School

The Trumpet

• April 24Congratulations to Vy Lam and Alex Pacheco for being Mr. and Ms. Cass High School!

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Go Big or Go Home!

Homecoming Week at Cass High School
Go Big or Go Home!

Homecoming has been a long-awaited tradition at Cass High School. The blood, sweat, and tears put into planning the entirety of homecoming week is greatly appreciated by the student body. The students in Cass Leadership and SGA, led by Christopher Page, put in countless hours of planning and revising for homecoming to be the ultimate high school experience. The theme picked this year is “NOW PLAYING.” Every year boys and girls alike from any grade level get to participate in the festivities of homecoming. From dressing up at the beginning of the week in pajamas to getting all dolled up to experience a fun-filled night at school with friends, homecoming is a week many students look forward to. 

This year, the theme, “NOW PLAYING”, allows students to use their creativity and aspirations when envisioning their homecoming outfits. Students can find inspiration in any musician they choose. Students may branch out by diving into an artist’s albums or even a specific song for inspiration!

Dress Up Week Themes! (Scarlett Hale and Sydnie Atilano)

Not only can students dress up for the dance on Saturday, but they’re given the opportunity to partake in unique themes based on popular songs throughout the entire week leading up to the dance. Beginning with pajamas and ending with school spirit, students are encouraged to dress out this week to showcase their school spirit.

Although everyone is invited to participate in Homecoming week, the seniors get a special agenda. They can choose to dress out in their senior jeans along with their fellow seniors this Friday. Not only is it encouraged to wear your fun homemade outfit to school on Friday, but seniors are invited to participate in the Senior Sunrise at 6:30 a.m. Seniors must get to The Doug at 6:30 AM for a chance to commemorate senior year with their fellow soon-to-be graduates.

Additionally, everyone including alumni and parents are invited to celebrate the homecoming parade. The parade is going to be held downtown Cartersville on September 28. “Many school sports and clubs will be participating. Anyone can join in to watch the Colonel Pride, the purpose of the parade is it’s a celebration, celebrating Cass High currently and its legacy,” exclaims Christopher Page. Not only is Thursday night a time to celebrate tradition at Cass, but it is also a chance for everyone to meet their Cass Homecoming Court before voting begins in school on Friday.  

Though the fun starts at the crack of dawn this Friday, nothing is over until our colonels step off of the field Friday night. The festivities start early and will not end till even later! Students, teachers, parents, and alumni are welcome to attend the Cass Homecoming Football game against Woodland with a special halftime show. Mr. Page will announce Cass High’s Homecoming King and Queen voted by students and staff. He recalls this as a time to “present to the colonel family, some of our some of our highest regarded students, students that are honored and respected by their peers that have outstanding behavior and truly represent what it means to live gold at Cass High School.” This is a time to celebrate fellow students and their accomplishments as Cass Royalty and the Cass Legacy as a whole. 

As a result of SGA and Leadership’s hard work, students are welcomed to join in the fun starting at 7 p.m. on September 30. Students are encouraged to bring a friend, a date, or even just themselves to partake in the Homecoming party. Homecoming is a thrilling night filled with excitement and electricity that every highschooler must experience. It is sure to be a night to remember for all Cass Colonels!