The Student News Site of Cass High School

The Trumpet

• April 24Congratulations to Vy Lam and Alex Pacheco for being Mr. and Ms. Cass High School!

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Trolls 3 Band Together Dazzles Audiences with Colorful Characters and Catchy Tunes

The Trolls animated movie franchise began with the first film, “Trolls”, where they are introduced to the main characters Princess Poppy and Branch along with lots of colorful side characters. The main villains of the movie the Bergens – the Bergens are sad creatures who believe the only way they’re able to experience happiness is by eating a Troll – In the film the Bergens attack Troll village and kidnap the trolls forcing Princess Poppy and her grumpy counterpart, Branch to venture out to save them. Towards the end of the movie while also forming a strong connection with Branch along the way, Poppy is able to help the Bergens and shows them that they don’t have to eat Trolls in order to be happy. A lasting friendship is formed between the Bergens and the Trolls.

Trolls 2: World Tour focuses on the Trolls themselves rather than the Bergens. The movie opens to Poppy and Branch discovering that there are different groups of trolls based on music. The Trolls rely on music to stay happy and vibrant – the different groups include Pop, Rock, Classical, Techno, Country, and Funk. In each different group there are different types of trolls with their own culture. In this film, we are introduced to the main villain of the movie, Barb, a rock troll who wants to “unite” trolls under one type of music: rock. This is where the Trolls films start to take on more serious themes as it’s clear that Barb is trying to colonize all groups of Trolls, erasing their different cultures and beliefs. Barb attempts to get all the Trolls together in one place so she can brainwash them and turn them into “rock zombies” sending out invitations to all the different groups. Once this news reaches Poppy and the other pop trolls Poppy, Branch and a few friends venture out to stop Barb and her plans. While meeting all the different groups of Trolls and learning about their differences with the main takeaway being that differences do matter and Trolls, much like people are not all the same.

Trolls 3: Band together is the final movie in the series (so far). Trolls 3 focuses on Branch and his childhood/family. In this movie, we discover that Branch has 4 brothers: John Dory, Spruce, Clay, and Floyd. The movie starts with John Dory finding Branch and asking for his help because Floyd is in danger and has been kidnapped. Here we learn that Branch was part of a popular boy band with all his brothers, however, they disbanded and abandoned Branch who was only a baby at the time. Branch is reluctant to help because of everything that happened with his brothers; though, Poppy convinces him to go help save Floyd. From that point on Poppy, Branch, and John Dory embark on an adventure gathering Branches brothers to go save Floyd and learning about the importance of family along the way.
Trolls 3 is the strongest of all the movies in the series, each movie gets better and better in regard to storyline and plot which is rare to see with sequels as they can get tired or worn out. The movie does an excellent job of outlining unhealthy family dynamics and bringing them to light.
Trolls 3 received a huge positive reaction after its release on November 17, 2023, and fans continue to buzz about adding another movie to the franchise. According to Miracle Clark a student at Cass High School the movie was “super fun and colorful” and “really funny”. She describes the jokes as being one of her favorite parts of the movie along with the characters.

In conclusion, each of the Troll’s movies bring something unique to the series with vibrant colors, beautiful animation and scenery, catchy songs, comedy, and unique ideas that are a breath of fresh air compared to other animated films. Trolls 3 can be enjoyed by anyone at any age and is the perfect movie for families especially considering its family-centered theme. The movie manages to be lighthearted and fun while also tackling serious issues and is a must-watch for anyone looking for a heartwarming yet bright and enjoyable animated film.