Cass High Honors 33 AP Scholars

102 Bartow County students were named AP Scholars, which is the highest number ever recorded for our county. Cass High School recorded an outstanding number of 33 students this year consisting of the class of 2021 and 2022.

The awards have three levels–AP Scholars, AP Scholars with Honor, and AP Scholars with Distinction. 27 students were awarded as AP Scholars, who received scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP Exams. Your fellow AP Scholars are Aldon Aquarian, Maki Barnes, Jessica Bhika, Kaleb Bilodeau, Emma Buffington, Kayla Campbell, Chloe Carpenter, Phebe Carroll, Alex De Anda Rodriguez, Eli Etheridge, Oshauna Finch, Caleb Hatzidakis, Aislen Hernandez, Zael Hurtado, Kyla Jenkins, Ricky Le, Taylor Moore, Isabel Navarro, Meera Patel, Hugo Ramirez, Emma Satterfield, Andriana Segura, Andrew Turley, Caroline Ventura-Velasquez, Alana Walker, Kelly Young, and Andrew Ziemer.

These are the responses of students who were asked how they felt about becoming AP Scholars.

“I’m very grateful,” Ace Hernandez, Senior at Cass High, declares, “but I don’t know how I got here. I won’t take it for granted though, that’s for sure.” 

Alana Walker, Cass High alumna, and a freshman at Columbus State University stated that “It was great; it felt really nice to have [an award to] show that all the hard work paid off.”

Senior Vice Class President, Andrew Ziemer,  “It was an honor to receive this award and be recognized among my peers, and I am excited for the opportunity to improve in this year’s AP program.” 

3 students were awarded as AP Scholars with Honors, who received an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken. Your fellow AP Scholars with Honor are Carson Carroll, Aniya Perry, and Brenna Willingham.

When asked what achieving the title of AP Scholar with honor meant for them, Carson Carroll said, “Having the title of AP Scholar with Honors makes me very proud, and it’s just as much a credit to the great teachers I’ve had along the way, as it is to me.”

3 students were honored as AP Scholars with Distinction, which is granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken. Your fellow AP Scholars with Distinction are Camden Briggs, Jaden Musacchio, and Jeffrey Shane.

Finally, two Cass High teachers were named AP Teachers of Distinction. To qualify for this achievement, AP Teachers of Distinction have to have at least 80% of their AP students take the exam and at least 50% of those students score a 3 or higher. The teachers who won this award were Megan Pruit, who taught AP Music Theory, and Carl Willingham, who teaches AP Statistics.

Cass AP Coordinator, Emily Thompson reported, “Our AP Teachers of Distinction from last year did even better than [College Board’s qualifiers], though! Mr. Willingham had 100% participation and 86% pass and Mrs. Pruitt had 100% participation and 77% pass.”