The Trumpet

• October 15Congratulations to Rett Moore and Cassy Simmons, 2018 Homecoming King and Queen

• September 17Congratulations, Ms. Stefanie Rolen, Cass High's Teacher of the Year!

Headed to State!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Headed to State!

Eight of our school’s FBLA members have gone through testing for Region Competition and seven of the eight placed in the Region. Of the seven students who placed, five qualify for State in several competitive areas. Participants took tests across several subject areas, including Economics, Marketing, Business Communications, Personal Finance, Help Desk, and Sports & Entertainment Management. Students also competed in areas such as Impromptu Speaking and Public Speaking. According to participant Mackinzee Hickman, “overall, our school did much better than the other schools in the county.”

Junior, Mackinzee Hickman, talks about her experience competing in Impromptu Speaking, “We had a topic, ten minutes to write down our talking points, and then five minutes to give our speech.” Mackinzee ended up placing first in the region and is planning on competing in State on March 22nd.

Junior, Lexi Atilano, participated in competitive testing in two categories: Business Communications and Personal Finance, in which she placed in the top ten in the region for both tests. Lexi attended the 2018 State Leadership Conference her sophomore year, which she recalls, “last year, I had a ton of fun on the State trip. I saw the full extent of FBLA, and I was amazed at how big this club is. I learned how to sharpen my leadership skills, and I got to experience this with my friends and fellow members. It was an honor to be able to compete at the State level. Last year was an amazing, unforgettable experience. I can’t wait to see what this year brings!”

Along with Mackinzee and Lexi, several other students placed top three in competitions and testing. Mia Jackman and Anna Padgett placed First in the Marketing – Team competition, with Leslee Chavez and Mackinzee Hickman placing Second just behind them. For the Individual Marketing test, Mia Jackman placed First, Anna Padgett Second, and Mackinzee Hickman Third. Leslee Chavez took Second in the Public Speaking competition. Emily Surcey placed Third in the Sports & Entertainment Management test, and First in Introduction to Business Communication. Mia Jackman took First place in the Economics testing category. Going to State Leadership Conference is going to be a good one for the Colonels this year!

Last year five students were able to attend state, however, none succeed in placing. This year, seven students plan on going with high hopes of placing higher than their current standings.

• Headed to State!

Arts & Entertainment

Stanford Prison Experiment

• Headed to State!

Feature

The Importance of Sleep and How to Get Better Shut-eye

• Headed to State!

Feature

The Dark Truth Behind Animal Shelters

• Headed to State!

Feature

Cyber Strides for Cass High

• Headed to State!

Arts & Entertainment

Do You Hear What I Hear?

• Headed to State!

Feature

A QuestBridge to the Future

• Headed to State!

Feature

Onwards to Online

• Headed to State!

Feature

Colonels Contribute to the Community

• Headed to State!

Feature

Governor’s Honors: Where the Best and the Brightest Geek Out

• Headed to State!

Feature

What About Thanksgiving?

The Student News Site of Cass High School
Headed to State!