With Revards

With Revards

With a similar mounting anticipation to that of a new dawn, Cass High school welcomes into their building Stephen Revard, a former teacher (6 years) and administrator (4 years) at North Cobb High school. Although the students and staff will miss former principal Michael Nelson, Revard brings many exciting new ideas to the table, opening a whole new world of possibilities for all involved. When asked about his plans for the future of Cass High, Revard intently focuses on the passions and ideas of teachers and students, even having met with 59 staff members over the summer individually to get their insight. He says, “I think for anything to be successful at this school, there needs to be buy-in from teachers and from students… [which only comes from] everyone having ownership in the process… I work for the students and for the teachers.”

Although administration was not originally in his plans, Revard found himself inspired by the administration at his former employment. He cites his goal of having a “broader impact on campus” – more than just the students he taught or coached. After becoming an assistant principal, becoming a principal “just seemed like a natural progression of things… it was something that really spoke to me.”

His experiences are not just useful inside the school, however. When asked about interesting parts of his life, he fondly recalls his 6-year-old Blake and 2-year-old Evan, who (by his account), “keep [him] on [his] toes… they run the show.” From his background in teaching, he feels like he has become a better dad – but even more so, it’s helped him become more rounded as an individual. “My experience in the classroom… has helped me grow as a person, has helped me grow as a professional, has helped me grow as a building leader.”

Ultimately, Revard is sure to stress his excitement for the new year, leaving Cass with the following words: “I’m just so happy to be here and very fortunate, and I can’t wait to continue to get to know people. Everybody has been so nice in making the transition… and it’s everything I thought it would be. It continues to surprise me for all the right reasons every single day… It’s really reaffirmed for me that this was a great decision.”