The Trumpet

• October 15Congratulations to Rett Moore and Cassy Simmons, 2018 Homecoming King and Queen

• September 17Congratulations, Ms. Stefanie Rolen, Cass High's Teacher of the Year!

Filed under News

Cure for Cancer?

To most, cancer is the first thought when it comes to deadly, incurable diseases. According to the National Cancer Institute, “In 2018, an estimated 1,735,350 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in the United States and 609,640 people will die from the disease.” For years, research and money have been poured into the efforts of finding a cure; for many, it has caused painful losses within their life, and the rush to find some concrete medication or procedure to eliminate its reign has permeated medical studies for ages. However, despite the seemingly endless battle that doctors and researchers fight with cancer, an Israeli biopharmaceutical company claims to have the cure within sight.

In an interview with The Jerusalem Post, Dan Aridor, chairman of the board for Accelerated Evolution Biotechnologies (AEBi), states, “We believe we will offer in a year’s time a complete cure for cancer. Our cancer cure will be effective from day one, will last a duration of weeks and will have no or minimal side-effects at a much lower cost than other treatments on the market. Our solution will be both generic and personal.” However, some find this to be – simply put – impossible, explaining that there are hundreds upon hundreds of different strands of cancer – finding a cure to all in one fell swoop does not seem probable. Still, AEBi cites their advanced technology, claiming they are able to personalize their solution to the cancer cells of each patient.

However, even in the case that AEBi has discovered the solution (something that is held in major skepticism by many other medical companies), approval from the FDA takes around 12 years after success – and that is assuming it passes all prior tests. After all, trials on people have yet to start; that is where the company claims to be by the end of the year. That said, the possible breakthrough in research is an exciting prospect for the future of medical science and humanity as a whole. Hopefully, AEBi is offering the solution patients and doctors have been hoping for.

• Cure for Cancer?

News

Notre Dame Flames

• Cure for Cancer?

Feature

Events Coming Up This Spring!

• Cure for Cancer?

News

Cheat, Bribe, Lie: The College Admissions Scandal

• Cure for Cancer?

News

Daylight Saving the Night

• Cure for Cancer?

News

Sniffing Serotonin

• Cure for Cancer?

Arts & Entertainment

Cass High’s Artists Display Their Work at the Booth Western Art Museum

• Cure for Cancer?

Arts & Entertainment

The Detainment of “21Savage”

• Cure for Cancer?

News

Planet Nine

• Cure for Cancer?

Arts & Entertainment

Super Bowl 53 Making History…

• Cure for Cancer?

News

Face the Time to Delete FaceTime

The Student News Site of Cass High School
Cure for Cancer?