Senior Night for Fall Sports

Friday, November 3rd Cass High School honored its seniors who participated in fall sports at the last game of the season against Carrollton High School. Along with the football team, cheerleaders, and band, the school also recognized JROTC and cross country seniors.

As the football season ends, seniors are forced to face the reality that their time in high school is also drawing close. The final football game is one of the first ‘lasts’ that seniors experience, and it’s a bittersweet moment. Senior Night is an emotional time for athletes, parents, and coaches alike as they begin to make transitions to their chosen colleges and careers.

Senior Morgan Day, who has been a member of the cheerleading team since freshman year, said, “I was extremely excited about being a senior and finally having a leadership role on the team, but now that the season is coming to an end and senior night is here, I’m really sad to see the season go along with all the new friendships I made. Cheering will forever be a part of my heart.”

Day is not alone in her fondness for her activities at Cass High. Senior and Drum Major Logan Hall wrote on an Instagram post, “I will always cherish and carry these memories with forever…We definitely made our mark, and I can proudly say we made the Marching Colonel name something to remember.”

Each senior was recognized for his individual accomplishments before the game. At approximately 6:30 on Friday night, the seniors who participated in fall sports were lined up on the track with their chosen escorts, patiently waiting as Dr. Moore made his way down the line with a microphone to introduce them. A short synopsis was given about each player, including the other sports/clubs they are involved in and who escorted them. The football players were recognized first, followed by the band, the cheerleaders, JROTC, and, finally, cross country. In a moving moment after all the students had been recognized, Dr. Moore asked the crowd to join him in “thanking the seniors one last time for the four years they have dedicated to Cass High School.”