The Class of 2018 Prepares for Their Exit

With the steady march of upcoming deadlines and perforating school events, the end of the semester is just on the horizon; take away testing periods, spring break (amongst other brief holidays), and other functions that break up the typical day-to-day of a school schedule, and the beginning of summer is just around the corner. While the change is jarring to most, the rotation is even more significant to the graduating Class of 2018. Between Capstones and college applications, crunch-time is already in full swing for this year’s seniors. Just as of March 23rd, seniors already received their cap and gown, as well as possible certificates, plaques, and invitations.

Thus, while the march of time ticks closer and closer to the end of the school year, seniors are left with traces of nostalgia and bittersweet finality. Claus Wheat, a member of the graduating class, says, “On one hand, I’m excited to finally make that transition into the world, but it’s also a little intimidating! After four years at Cass High (and being in school my whole life), it’s almost hard to imagine doing anything else.” Still, all that time at least helps prepare for the new phase of life.

With the cycle of students moving in and out of Cass High, this year’s juniors are just a few months shy of being next year’s seniors. Hopefully, they can learn from the actions of the Class of 2018 to make their senior year as successful as possible. “Try to take your SAT or ACT earlier on, and consider colleges and scholarships ahead of time,” says future graduate Sarah

Schubert. “You want your second semester to be as easy of a transition as possible; try to avoid panicky, last-minute scrambling.” In addition, Matt Busse says, “Never be afraid to talk to new people. Everyone in this school has a story worth hearing, all you have to do is go out and listen…”

The faculty and underclassman at Cass High School wish the Class of 2018 a fruitful future and wonderful graduation!